What is Brokk Robotic Demolition?’ is a frequently asked question, so we’re here to give you the answer. Our team have put together a simple guide to explain the process and the benefits of this ‘robotic demolition’.
What is Brokk demolition?
A Brokk machine may be smaller than the typical machine you’d expect to see on a construction site, but surprisingly it’s the ideal solution to a number of projects. Due to their size, they are handy for work that’s required in confined spaces as it can be maneuvered around doorways and easily transported inside lifts. A Brokk machine can even climb the stairs with help from their track mounts, performed by a control called a precision digital remote. Brokk machines are safe to work with as they can be operated from a good distance away, ideal for sites that may experience falling debris.
State of the art Brokk machines are used for all sorts of demolition work and are recognised as safe, efficient and extremely powerful. This technology is multifaceted and has revolutionised the process of building services as we know it.
What does the machine look like?
The machine generally looks like a miniature digger with track mounts underneath so they can be maneuvered easily. You will generally see a Brokk machine with a breaker attachment but it’s not unknown to see them with other fixtures.
How long does the process take?
This machine will complete a job much faster than the majority of alternates, due to it being five times more powerful and working at a much quicker rate. You can count on Brokk demolition to do a quick and concise job.
Benefits of Brokk Robotic Demolition:
- Versatile – can be fitted with a number of tools including: buckets, crushers and grapples.
- Controlled remotely – eliminates Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS). HAVS can cause serious bone, muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by the extreme vibration of construction tools. These side effects will not be experienced with Brokk models thanks to the remote that’s used to power the machine.
- Environmentally friendly – powered by electric and will not expel anything harmful to the environment.
- Low vibration/noise – safer for the structure of buildings and will not have any damaging effect. Also, it’s very unlikely that wildlife or people in the surrounding area will hear any noise.
- Compact – due to its size it’s easy to transport and control around a construction site.
- Quick and powerful – Brokk machines are five times more powerful and much quicker than alternative machinery, ideal for getting a job done in good time.
Why Brokk is the better demolition alternative
Although there are various alternatives to Brokk Robotic demolition, such as demolition with a ball, high-reach demolition excavators and hammer drills, for example – these types of machinery are large, heavy and require strict operation. These machines must be manned by a fully trained professionals in close quarters (which can be dangerous) and they generate a high level of noise that can affect wildlife and people close by. This is why Brokk demolition is a desirable service – it eliminates all of these negative factors.
Rely on Drilltec Diamond Drilling to provide you with the highest standard of work, across a number of areas including: Birmingham, Cambridge, Coventry, Leicester, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Oxford and Slough. We provide customers with first-rate services such as diamond drilling, concrete cutting, hydraulic bursting & crunching and brokk robotic demolition. We have worked on large projects for London Luton Airport, St. Pancras Station and Selfridges on Oxford Street – just to name a few. Whether you’re looking for advice or wish to book our services, please give us a call today.